The Burton Hunt Supporters Club
The Burton Hunt Supporters Club was first formed at the suggestion of the then Master, Mr J. Treffry in 1958. The first meeting was held at the office of Mr Fowler, the newly appointed secretary, and Mr Treffry himself was in the chair. The Chairmanship was however taken over by Mr Dunnaway after this initial meeting
The Club draws a large amount of its support from the non-riding hunt followers and one of its aims is to provide a series of entertainments through the year, not always on a profit making basis, which have appeal throughout the whole hunting and farming community. Such events include suppers, hunter trials, pig racing & games night and farmers and subscribers evening. In this role therefore, the club not only provides entertainment for its own members but also fosters good relationships with the non-hunting community.
Another of the clubs aims is of course to help the hunt financially.
The importance of the club to the Hunt cannot be over estimated and new members are always welcome.
visit the Burton Hunt Supporters Club web site by clicking here